Saturday, June 5, 2010

working on a pin-up

got tapped by some good friends to do a pin-up for their book "The Grave Doug Freshley" which will be coming out in hard-cover soon. Here's the pencils and what I've started of the inks (I'll post the other stages to this once the book hit's comic shelves).



This finally got me to download a lot of photos I had stored on my camera... most from C2E2.

Skottie and I pose together (note I am not a small guy, Skottie is a giant and could crush me with one hand.


My fiancee Mal & cover artist Jenny Frison doing Huskie Hands (we all graduated from NIU... it's a mascot thing).

3 comments:

Jason Copland said...

I still can't believe I didn't get a chance to hang with you at C@E@... dang.

John_Bivens said...

Jason - I know, that sucks. The last few years it seems like there is always one or two people I know I should be seeing at conventions that I completely miss. At some point, we'll meet up. Even if I have to go to one of those fancy Canadian conventions to do it.

Pj Perez said...

Friggin' sweet. Now let's see that kind of awesome on a cover. :)